Buildinging a computer involves connecting the internal and external parts of the computer. Internal components include Motherboard, RAM, Disk Drive, SMPS and Expansion Cards that are installed inside the system case. The external component consists of devices that are attached outside the system case, such as Mouse, Keyboard, Scanner, and Printer.
Before assembling a computer first, you have to select the components you want to install because some people buy a ready-made computer and some people get the computer assembled because the reason is on hardware components made by different companies have faith. You need to take different precautions to assemble and disassemble the computer. If you know how to assemble a computer well then you can start working on the knowledge as well as employment and you can assemble your computer right from home, so let’s learn how to do Computer building.
Compulsory Hardware Parts for Computer Building.
- Cabinet/Computer Case
- CPU Fan/Heatsink
- SMPS (Power Supply)
- Hard Drive
- Optical Drive(Optional)
- Graphic Card
- IDB and SATA Cable
- Monitor etc
Tools Needed for Computer Building.
- Magnetic Screwdriver Set
- Wire Cutter
- Anti Static Wrist Strap
- Optional, But Useful Tools
- Ground Mat or Anti Static Carpet
- Electrical Tape
- Thermal Paste
Computer Assembling Method
You need to perform the following steps to assemble a computer:
- First of all, open the computer cabinet with the help of screwdriver and remove its cover.
- Install SMPS in cabinet.
- Install the processor on the motherboard.
- Thermal paste is applied to the CPU and heat sinks to improve their ability to cool down and conduct heat efficiently
- Install CPU heat sink fan on processor.
- Install the RAM module on the motherboard.
- Place the motherboard inside the cabinet.
- Install the hard drive in the cabinet.
- Install expansion card like –
- Network Interface Card (NIC)
- Display card (if available with you)
- Sound Card (if available with you)
- Graphic Card (if available with you)
- Install the case fan in the cabinet.
- Connect all interfaces and power connectors.
- Connect the front panel connector.
- Connect the monitor to the VGA port.
- Connect the keyboard to a USB port.
- Now you have to install the operating system in the computer and your personal computer is ready.